Sunday, June 1, 2008

Back from camp!

Last day of camp, right before packing up to leave.
Our only picture together....check out the cute apron I got!
(Don't you just love our braces??!!)

Lauren, Peyton and Rachel at the DANCE!!!

Rachel and Lauren...such cute sisters


Hard to believe that we are already back from camp. We got back Friday afternoon and I feel like I have been sleeping or trying to sleep since then. As soon as we got home I showered and went to sleep. Rachel and Lauren feel asleep before even getting to a shower. Brett went back to work after picking up the girls from the stake center so we had a nice quiet house all to ourselves. I had no idea I'd be so tired. I remember being tired two years ago when I went to camp as a leader, but nothing compares to how tired you are being a cook. I had an absolute blast with the other women...cooking, laughing, talking, and cooking some more. I think I made some really good friends and I hope to do it again next year. I am so grateful to Tawna for taking such great care of Krista, like she always does. They went down to visit Jade (Tawna's sister in Pima) and stayed two nights. They had pedicures, went to the movies, bought cute shoes, and Krista said she had one of the best days ever! I am so glad. Brett had to take one day off from work to get Krista to the doctor because she broke out with a rash on her face. Who knows what that was from, but I guess there had been a few kids seen for the same thing. Brett also cleaned the house so it was absolutely spotless when I walked through the door. He did ask what I was making for dinner that night once he got home and I told him "reservations" though he was just joking. Though I was there as a cook, we did participate with everyone on the last night when they took us through what was set to be like "Lehi's Dream". That was the most incredible experience. The spirit was so strong. They did such a tremendous job with that. I am so glad we didn't miss out on that. It was so fun to be there with Rachel and Lauren. This was their second year. Last year I was a bit sad that I didn't get to go with them since I had just been released as Young Women's president right before they had turned twelve. I decided this year that it was better anyway to be there with them but not be there with them the whole time. I loved them stopping by to wave or say hello and their cabin or addy or whatever it's called was close enough that I could sit outside the kitchen and sometimes hear them with all of the other girls in the ward laughing and talking. It was such a wonderful experience. I was really struggling with taking off four days from work to go but I am so glad that I didn't miss this. There is nothing like Girls' Camp!

2 comments:

Lea said...

Way to go Brett for getting the house spotless before you and the girls came back!

It sounds like you had a great time. Before we know it, I hope to be doing this with Ali as well. :)

Anonymous said...

I loved cooking with you, Lisa! It was so fun to rekindle our friendship. I, too, had to make many sacrafices to go, but it was totally worth it and so much fun having such a great staff!