Sunday, June 1, 2008

Rachel and Lauren are teenagers!

Here we are! Before the game...
Here we are....after the game!
How cool is this??
Pre game birthday cake
Lauren holding cute little Lola
A few weeks back we celebrated Lauren and Rachel's 13th birthday (we're a little slow seeing as they had their birthday at the beginning of April) by taking them along with six of their friends to an Arizona Diamondback's game. It was a blast! My sister Michelle, her husband Lionel and daughter Lola showed up to watch the game with us. While we were there Lauren came over to me to tell me she had text messaged Grandma (my mom) to tell her where she was and Grandma texted back that Uncle Eric was there too! We tried to see him but he had much better seats than we did. I am glad we were in the nosebleeds and not sitting where the girls would have had to "behave". They were a very well behaved group of thirteen year old girls. Brett and I couldn't have asked for better girls to take with us. It was such a great time, and fortunately the D-Backs won so that made it all the better. One of the best highlights from the game was when Rachel and Lauren saw their name on the jumbo tron wishing them a happy birthday. Their friend Peyton wished them a happy birthday in a very big way. They were quite surprised and loved it. The fireworks after the game were also fun to watch. I think we'll go to the game they have on the Fourth of July just to watch the fireworks from within Chase Field. We bought all of the girls matching t-shirts and they loved that. After the game one of their photographers came up and asked if he could take a picture of them so he could put it up on the fan site. Of course the girls were all over that idea though I knew it was just another way to get us to spend money. I haven't ordered one of those pictures yet though one of the girl's did the very next day. What a great party it was!

2 comments:

Lea said...

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear Rachel and Lauren,
Happy birthday to you!

What a fun way to celebrate such a special occasion.

bekki said...

I seriously can't believe they are teenagers weren't we just at your baby shower for them. All your girls are so pretty and sweet. You should be very proud of them. And it looks like you had a blast at camp I always love going as a camp helper.