Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Disneyland....we were there

I have been going through pictures and thought I should post something about our summer vacation that we took early....during Spring Break. This is or was our BIG trip for the summer, so in order to remember it, I am going to write a bit about it. We didn't plan on going to Disneyland, though we have talked about it many times. We hadn't been to Disneyland as a family since Krista was a baby. That was back in the day when Grandma and Grandpa Lines took the whole fam damily to Disneyland. We went twice, pretty close to each other. One year we went in December, if I remember right and we all wore red sweatshirts. Rachel and Lauren were less than a year old and they both had ear infections when we were there. Brett's parents met up with us and stayed one day in the hotel room with the girls so that Brett and I could play with the rest of the family. That was such a great time. When we went the second time, it was back in 1998 and we went over Halloween. I specifically remember that time because I had picked up some Disney costumes before we went, so Rachel and Lauren were Tigger and Eyore and Krista was little Marie from the Aristocrats. Rachel and Lauren were 3 at that time. Talk about dang cute in their costumes. I remember thinking that there would be tons of kids in costumes on Halloween night and there weren't. The girls loved the attention they got from the real characters walking around. That was another wonderful trip with all of the cousins, aunts and uncles, and of course Grandma and Grandpa. So, back to this most recent trip. Lauren had been invited to go with her friend Peyton and her family to California for most of Spring Break and they were headed to Disneyland. Last minute, Brett and I took off of work a bit early and told Rachel and Krista to pack their bags for a couple of days and we hit the road late afternoon on Friday without telling them where we were headed. I can't even describe how excited they were when they realized that we were at Disneyland. They kept trying to figure out where we were going and couldn't figure why were in California. We planned to stay in the same hotel that Lauren was at, but they didn't have our room for us by the time we got in, so we got that night free over at the Sheraton. That was nice. We spent the entire day on Saturday between Disneyland and California Adventure. What an absolute blast. Peyton's family has annual passes so they knew how to work it so we could see everything we wanted. I'd say we didn't miss a thing. We stayed until they shut the place down for the night. It was a long day, but so much fun and so worth it. We stayed the night and then left for home the next morning. Short trip but packed full of non stop fun. I can't wait to do it again.

No comments: