I can't believe that today we are celebrating our 15th anniversary. The saying "time flies when you're having fun" is really true! Being married to your absolute best friend in the entire world is one of the biggest blessings in my life (that and being the mom to the three most incredible daughters). Thinking back on that day, I have so many memories....the first one is thinking that I was getting stood up at the temple because Brett was late. I learned that day that I was marrying one of the kindest, most considerate man because he was late due to the fact that he was making sure that the family and friends who had travelled from far away to be there, were where they needed to be. I still give him crap about being late, but really I know that his ability to think of others before himself is not going to change anytime soon and it's one of the things that I would never want him to change. I remember thinking that morning as we were in the temple and seeing all of the friends and family that had come to support us, that we were truly blessed. Our reception was beautiful, we had it in the backyard of the Jarvis' home (they were like Brett's second family, and what an amazing family they are) and I don't think it could have been any more perfect. I asked my mom the other day to scan a few of my wedding pictures and email them to me so that I could put them on my blog seeing as back then we didn't use computers for everything like we do now. Now as you look at these pictures, keep in mind that big bangs and big shoulders were in......I remember having to stuff those shoulders to make them big enough. I bet one day that look will be back, won't it?? Or some of you are begging that it never does come back...
Look how little Melissa and Heather are holding up my train.....so sweet...I love how this picture captures the writing on the temple
Now I have my flowers.....here we are in the gazebo....looking forward to the honeymoon....come on now, who wasn't thinking that at this point on their wedding day??

Mom made a gorgeous cake that I think we kept eating for weeks afterwards.....I remember it was absolutely delicious....and look, no messy mean cake stuffing in faces kind of stuff going on....we were oh so polite!




7 comments:
So cute! But sorry to say...I think that a lot of us trade in our tiny waists for our children! But I think you both look just as fabulous today as you did then, even better! Congrats! Have a great anniversary!
Happy Anniversary!!! Love you guys!!! :)
Oh my gosh Lisa, I am so glad you found me too!! Love all the wedding pics. That is the Lisa I remember. How sad that it has been so long since we have seen each other. 15 years, wow! We are going on 17! It's crazy to think that you and I were hanging out when I started dating Rich. Good memories. Looks and sounds like you are doing great. You have a beautiful family.
Ya, where in the HECK did those 15 years go?? I'm chalkin' them all up to learning experiences! Wink!
Hey, do you remember what you told me about having children, before you married Brett? We'll talk soon, right??
♥
I still think October is the perfect month for a wedding. Happy Anniversary.
Happy Anniversary, happy anniversary, happy anniversary, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!! Congrats and here's to the next 15!!!!!
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BRIDE!!!! Congratulations on your 15th!!!! You two are pretty cute kids...
Post a Comment