(though I just learned today that she quit and moved up to Mesa over the weekend....so nice to know she is close!)...so we took the day to make the drive, get our hair done...Krista and Faith got pedicures, and then Krista got her hair cut too. The girls in training did a great job on my hair (under Jade's direction....I wouldn't have been brave enough to do that without her there!!) It was so nice to spend the time with Tawna too since we don't get to visit as often as we'd like...and it was great to just get out of town for the day. When we got home, we found that Rachel and Lauren had a couple of friends over to spend the night....can't get enough of that in. I remember loving sleepovers when I was a kid.....good memories.
Krista was busy this week after jamming her little finger playing volleyball last weekend. I finally broke down and took her to the Dr. on Tuesday to have it x-rayed because she was having such a hard time with it. By Thursday, the splint was off and she found that it didn't hurt so bad (think it's because she didn't want to miss a lake trip with her little friend Noel and her family...typical kid, I know.)
there if you've never had them, you need to try them out! We had fun just having some girl time and getting a chance to talk. Krista mentioned that I never took Rachel and Lauren to Merle Norman for makeovers like I said I would a long time ago. I worked there off and on for so many years and I always said that when my girls started wearing makeup I would take them there to have their makeup done and I just never got around to it. I remember when I was in 9th grade, I think, my mom had a makeover done on TV (the hair, make up....the works) and then she took me to the Borgata in Scottsdale to have my makeup done...that's where hers was done. That was such an awesome experience that I wanted my girls to have. So, off to Merle Norman we went. It was so fun (not for Krista, but for the rest of us anyway) and Rachel and Lauren looked great. I should have had my camera with me. While we were there we ran in to my cousin Lisa and her mom, Aunt Patti who had just had surgery recently because of a heart attack. It was so nice to see them, I always love when I get to see extended family but because of such busy schedules that happens far too infrequently.
and play some miniature golf. We had never gone before as a family so that was so much fun. I have to say that we all had really close scores, though, yes, I did win. I actually had 5 hole in ones. It was crazy! Brett had gone the night before with his high school buddies to their annual Haunted House guys night out and he wanted us to go to the Haunted Houses too. We went to the one over by Fiesta Mall that is owned by some members of the Church and there are 3 separate Haunted Houses.
Krista started having second thoughts, but we made her go anyway. I thought she was going to die of fright in the first one. We made the mistake of calling out her name to see if she was okay as she was tucked under Brett's arm crying. Well, the actors caught on to her name immediately and all of them kept calling out her name....they wouldn't stop. It was freaking me out...and all I could do was laugh. One of the actors asked Lauren what her name was and so I told them Jessica because I didn't want to hear her name being called out like Krista's. After we had circled through the maze and were on our way towards the end, the same group of actors saw us again and started calling out Krista's name again. It was horribly funny. All I could do was laugh at how scared she was (all the while feeling like a horrible mother for taking my 10 year old to a Haunted House) but Rachel and Lauren were loving it. We did get her to go through the next two houses and she ended up being glad that she went. (I heard her earlier this evening telling a friend over the phone all about it and how awesome it was that they were calling out her name....I guess you could say that I didn't permanently traumatize her...whew!)We ended the night by eating at BJ's at about 10:30.....they have the best Pizookies...or whatever they are called...it was a great day though I couldn't wait at that point to get home and crawl in to my bed....we were so exhausted!!

Saturday was spent sleeping in, more reading, and laundry. We all went to a beautiful wedding reception that night for a young man in our ward. It was really nice and he has such a great family that we just love.
The primary program was during Sacrament meeting today and they all did such a wonderful job. As I watched Krista up there I couldn't believe that she is now one of the older girls in primary and it seems like it wasn't too long ago that she was fighting me when it was time to go to nursery....she has always just wanted to be wherever I am.
She has always been my little sidekick...or as she used to always tell people, she's my twin. Rachel and Lauren have each other and she is my twin.
Well, time to wrap this up....just took out the last of the chocolate chip cookies that Krista and I made tonight....and now everyone is heading off to bed since they are back at school in the morning....and Brett has finally wrapped up this week's homework!!
Time sure flies when you're having fun!




3 comments:
Another busy week for you guys! I love the Twilight books! Can't wait to see the movie in Nov.
I'm glad that you keep us updated on your busy lives! Hey, when are you gonna call me?? Maybe you have too much stuff going on to hang out with us, huh?? LOl
Hello Sis! you are so on top of things! I dont know how you do it-- The girls, Work, School, house and of course-- Brett :) Your just great! I love our daily email chats-- seeing as that is all we get to do lately since all I do it drive these days!
Post a Comment