Saturday, May 24, 2008

While you were out....



We started what I guess you'd call a family tradition by copying the T.V. show "While you were out" and redecorating the girl's bedroom on their 10th birthday. Thank goodness this is our last child to turn 10! The only differences between the show and us is that the person
doesn't know what is happening while they are out and the people doing the work look a lot better doing it than we do!! We did this for Rachel and Lauren and sent them each separately with our parents to spend the weekend while we worked 'round the clock painting and completely redoing their bedroom. Well, Krista turned 10 a few weeks ago and asked if she was getting her bedroom redone for her birthday. So here we are...repainting and redecorating everything in her room while she spends the weekend with Brett's parents. I didn't realize she had so much stuff in her room until we starting tearing it apart so we could paint. Rachel and Lauren have obviously been handing down to Krista everything they outgrow or just don't want anymore. Brett just left to Goodwill with about 10, yes, 10 garbage bags full of clothes and other odds and ends that just do not fit in a 10x10 bedroom. Thank goodness for tax deductions. We probably could have had an awesome yard sale, but the thought of that just makes me tired. I am hoping we can get through just getting her bedroom done before the weekend is up. Don't know what I was thinking planning this for the same weekend before we go to girls' camp. I'll post some before and definitely some "after" pictures. I hope it turns out as great as I am seeing it in my head...because it sure looks great when I close my eyes and envision the end result. I just got back from IKEA and saw a sign sign on the corner advertising some house painters...I probably should have called them. Wish us luck!!

3 comments:

Lea said...

I can't wait to see pictures of Krista's "new" room. I am sure that it will look fantastic! You have a great eye for design. Good luck next week at girls camp. :)

tiffany knox said...

I dont know why it just deleted my comment I am glad you found us. I am usually a very avid blogger but im finding myself playing catch up. I cant believe she's 10! I was her ctr5 teacher!

Lea said...

Lisa- you look Aisan in your in your bonnet. Just an observation. :)

Brent