Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What a weekend!

Ready to bowl!
Krista in action
What form Rachel!
Don't forget to let go of the ball Lauren!
So happy to be together!

Good timing for Lauren
Not great timing for Rachel....oops! Don't fall out!
Love the outfit
Gage and Krista love to play croquet or however you spell it or call it
Lauren and Brenna...don't know where Rachel was

Light it up!
Blow!

This was one crazy, busy weekend. I am still trying to recover, as you can see it's already Tuesday and I'm just getting to this point of writing about it. I should be doing homework, but I needed a break. So, here's a recap. Friday night Brett and I went out with our neighbors Chuck and Jessi and had an awesome dinner at....Golden Corral! Okay, don't laugh. It was really good. We got to pick exactly what we wanted to eat, how much we wanted to eat and there were desserts coming out the yin yang to choose from. It was just really nice to just eat and visit and of course laugh. So, Saturday rolls around and life gets busy. Brett and I had been asked on Tuesday night to speak in church on Sunday, so we had that to prepare....plus we each had homework to fit in, and a house to clean. By 2:00 we were at the bowling alley to celebrate our neighbor Charlie's birthday. He's Chuck and Jessi's kiddo. We had never bowled together as a family before, though our girls have asked us many times to go. It was a blast! We bowled and ate pizza and then watched Charlie open his presents. I just never know what to buy a boy, thank goodness Brett took care of that for me. As soon as we were done bowling, we headed over to Rick and Karla's for some swimming and more pizza. Brenna and Gage were at their dad's for the weekend, so we let the kids get together to hang out and swim. They can never get enough of that. After we were there awhile, Brett brought me home so I could wrap up my talk. Thank goodness they were calling another Gospel Doctrine teacher so that I didn't have to prepare a talk and a lesson. That probably would have pushed me over the edge. (Which most days isn't a far push!) Brett went back to his brother's house and I had some wonderful peace and quiet! The family didn't get home until after I was long asleep. Now, on to Sunday. Church at 10am, talks, class, and then back home to prepare for a belated cake and ice cream get together for Krista's birthday. Had we not had so many other things going on, we would have had dinner, but we'll have to save that for next time. The grandma's and grandpa's came, along with (here comes the guest list that made it....=) Michel, Shanon, Katelyn, Michel, Ashlyn, Melissa (Todd was home studying), Michelle, Lionel, Lola, Tawna, Nathan, Faith, and Chance. It was a pretty good little turn out though we missed Heather and Hanna, and Bryan's family. David was in Vegas, don't know where Eric was, and Stephen was working, and of course we always miss Brent, Lea and family since they live in Virginia. It's hard to get everyone together, but it's always nice to be together. Once everyone left, it was back to some homework and then to bed. Whew! What a weekend....and I am glad that's over. So, here are some pictures from this weekend. Now, I am back to homework~

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was fun and the chocolate cake...I dreamed of it all afternoon yesterday! Very yummy!

Lea said...

What a weekend! So sad to miss another celebrated milestone in the family. Happy belated birthday to Krista!

I just found out that Brent has to speak as well in a couple of days. I am not quite sure how I got out of speaking with him. Although I am not complaining! :)

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a really fun weekend (all except the talking in church and homework part). Love the pool slide! Those are so much fun!

bekki said...

What a fun weekend. You kids are getting so big and you are staying so young. Your life seems it may be just a little crazy right now.

laurice. said...

Happy birthday Krista....what a whirlwind weekend!

Jade said...

Your blog looks soooo good!! I love to catch up on everyone's lives through blog! Since I live oh-so-far away. I enjoyed Krista sooo much the weekend she came with Tawna. She's more than welcome anytime, all of you are...except, I won't have a house in a couple more weeks! haha!!

bekki said...

I tagged you so check out my blog