This weekend was so much fun as we had the school aged girl cousins over to our house for our 2nd annual back to school sleepover party. Shayla, Katelyn and Sydney came over to have a night/day of swimming, baking, eating, dancing, makeovers and painting nails (thanks Krista) playing, watching movies, eating popcorn, decorating aprons, swimming some more, making indoor smores, making smiley face chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast and then swimming again until the moms came to pick them up Saturday morning fun! Whew! I get tired again just thinking about our non-stop night of fun. I hope the girls had as much fun as we did. Rachel and Lauren were late to the party because they had baptisms with the Young Women to attend to, so Krista and I kept the party hopping as best we could. Uncle Brett hit the road to "run errands" which means he just got out of the house that was over run with GIRLS!! I hope the girls made some great memories. That's the whole point of this is to have fun together and to be able to look back on this with a smile on their faces. I can't wait until next year. We should add in another niece next year as Hanna should be old enough to come. Brent and Lea need to start planning on sending Ali out for the fun too!!
The end of an era...
-
We moved in with 2 little boys.
All full of wiggles and excitement.
Just 2 days before Christmas.
And we filled these walls with the happiest memories ove...
2 weeks ago




8 comments:
The girls had a great time Lisa!! Thanks for planning this and doing the tradition every year. It looks like everyone had a good time from the looks of the pictures. The smores and cookies were making me hungry! Shayla & Sydney told us all about it in the car on the way home. Thanks again!!
What a fun time! I should do something like this for Faith and her cousins!
What a great tradition! I wished we did that when we were little.
Ali would it! We'll have to somehow plan to get her out there in the next couple of years for this fun tradition when she starts elementary school. We miss you all. BTW-When does school start out there? We don't start until the day after labor day.
Lisa-Katelyn had fun as I could see on her face driving home that day it was the tired stare so I knew that she stayed up late. I will be waiting for Michels invite for next year!! ha ha Poor boy I think he will have to a daddy and son night out when the time comes. I hope you and the girls know how much Katelyn looks up to you especially the girls she lights up just at the sound of there names. I couldn't think of better examples for her to look up to then your family. Thanks girls for always making Katelyn feel like she is one of the girls and not just your younger cousin. PS I want some of those pictures so I can document it for Katelyn and get a new one for her frame.
I wish we could have done this when we were kids too!! Thanks for the nice comments, I just really love my nieces and nephews and want them all to know how much they are loved...even though we have busy schedules and it's hard to get together all of the time. Lea, my kids are back in school Aug 6th, but the Queen Creek girls start even sooner!! Way too soon!
What a cool auntie! I'm gonna need to steal that idea from you! How much fun!
Shayla & Sydney start school August 4. Whoo Hoo!! No it will actually be weird having Sydney in school all day. Savannah is not going to know what to do with herself. I know what she'll do drive me crazy all day asking where her sister's are and when will they be home.
Post a Comment